Grades: PK-12 | 385 students
- Abundant Life School is a ministry of Sylvan Hills First Baptist Church.
- Our academic program is challenging and prepares students to succeed in college and beyond as life long learners and achievers.
- From preschool through high school, our expectations are high and our students grow and graduate as men and women equipped to be responsible, ethical, hard workers whether going to college or entering the work force.
- The daily environment of our school is conducive to teaching and learning.
- Ours is a place where structure and order go hand in hand with love and close relationships between teachers and students.
- At Abundant Life School everyone (student, parent, and teacher) works together for the success of the student.
- We urge you to make Abundant Life your school.
- Our mission is to assist parents in training their children to become Godly young men and women by educating them spiritually, mentally, physically, and socially.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||385 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
1 Windsong Dr.
Maumelle, AR 72113
Little RockGrades: PK-12 | 1360 students
12701 Hinson Road
Little Rock, AR 72212
SherwoodGrades: PK-6 | 131 students
10000 Brockington Rd
Sherwood, AR 72120
JacksonvilleGrades: PK-12 | 269 students
3301 N First Street
Jacksonville, AR 72076
North Little RockGrades: KG-8 | 89 students
900 Mission Rd
North Little Rock, AR 72118
We have two teenagers at Abundant Life School and we love it. The academics are excellent, mostly Bob Jones and Abekah curriculum including AP classes that are taught by teachers that really care, in an atmosphere that is Christ Centered. The class sizes are just right, the teachers and students get to know each other and my kids have built relationships that will last a lifetime. ALS has numerous sports, plus music, art and drama too (sorry no football yet) if you're interested in those. In the higher grades they really emphasize college prep, and the counselors are excellent at guiding the students to the right classes, and finding scholarships. Compared to other private schools it is reasonably priced. Sure you can go to ACA or one of the other big name private schools and get a sparkling building and huge classes, but you will pay out the nose for it. ALS isn`t quite as fancy but our children are getting a more intimate and Christ focused experience at a cost most working class families can afford. Also, note they have a number of discounts for military, veterans, clergy, members of Sylvan Hills First Baptist Church and a few others. I will mention that the school had some issues in 2009-2010 with some faculty misconduct. You may find that on Google. The bad actors are gone and those issues are all in the past. My kids have been at ALS since 2014 and we`ve seen nothing but the best from the faculty and staff!
- Posted by Parent - Al
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.