|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Military Colleges and Schools
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||412 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language and Composition, English Literature, Environmental Science, Government / Economics, Microeconomics, Statistics,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Khaki and collared shirt and military uniform in Upper School)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,000|
|Tuition Notes||PreK 1/2 Day = $8,610 PreK & K = $12,100 1st - 5th = $15,050 6th & 7th = $18,550 8th - 12th = $21,325 8th - 12th 5-Day Boarding = $37,000 7-Day Boarding U.S. Citizen = $43,850 7-Day Boarding International = $46,850|
- Admiral Farragut Academy, established in 1933, is a private, college prep school serving students in grades PreK-12 for Pre-School, Elementary School, Middle School, and High School. Farragut is located in St. Petersburg, Florida in Pinellas County and is surrounded by the communities of Treasure Island, Gulfport, Pasadena, Tierra Verde, and Seminole. Farragut also serves North Pinellas County, which includes the communities of Clearwater, Belleair, and Palm Harbor.
- Starting in PreK at age 3, students benefit from achallenging and engaging academic curriculum, such as foreign languages (Mandarin Chinese and Spanish), STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math), Marine Science at the campus' waterfront, hands-on field trips, and are all taught using a strong foundation of Character Education.
- Once students reach 8th grade they may also enroll in signature academic programs like Aviation (including Dual Enrollment with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University), all levels of Scuba Diving, Sailing, Engineering, and Naval Jr. ROTC.
- Farragut also has a strong 5 or 7-day boarding program for students starting in the 8th grade. Because Farragut is a Florida boarding and day school, the school attracts students from an average of 32 countries and 17 U.S. states. The national and international community makes attending Farragut a global experience.
- With a 100% college acceptance rate, graduates from Farragut succeed in college as organized, accountable, self-disciplined, and respectful critical thinkers who understand that dreams and hard work go hand in hand.
- Summer Camps: Fun and educational day camps for PreK-9th graders on our waterfront campus. Lunch included. 8th-12th grade students may also experience boarding school over the summer while earning high school credit and going on weekday and weekend excursions! Learn more at www.farragut.org/summer.
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WayneGrades: 7-12 | 292 students
1001 Eagle Rd
Wayne, PA 19087
Lake WalesGrades: 6-12 | 96 students
22000 Highway 27
Lake Wales, FL 33859
1950 Academy Drive
Melbourne, FL 32901
Vero BeachGrades: 6-12 | 38 students
801 154th Avenue
Vero Beach, FL 32966
NewarkGrades: 7-12 | 558 students
520 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Newark, NJ 07102