Grades: 6-12 | 16 students
Blount Youth Home was established in 1983 as an adolescent residential program.
Our mission has been to provide a safe, nurturing, structured environment for young men and ages ten to seventeen years old; that require life skills to develop positive self-esteem, positive self-discipline, and leadership as they prepare for successful transition back to their families and communities.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Annie Jackson|
- An adolescent residential program focusing on identifying risk factors and developing treatment modalities which:
- 1) interrupt negative behaviors & diminish negative attitudes
- 2) eliminate substance abuse and/or chemical dependency
- 3) empower age-appropriate developmental & social skills
- 4) contribute to positive role models & values & rewards
October 25, 2016
Among the many forms which you must complete when applying to private school is something called The Candidate Statement. Here's what it is involved in preparing this document.
October 19, 2016
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
October 18, 2016
Submit your employment application the way a Swiss watch craftsman builds a watch. With precision and accuracy.