Grades: 6-12 | 16 students
- Blount Youth Home was established in 1983 as an adolescent residential program.
- Our mission has been to provide a safe, nurturing, structured environment for young men and ages ten to seventeen years old; that require life skills to develop positive self-esteem, positive self-discipline, and leadership as they prepare for successful transition back to their families and communities.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Annie Jackson|
- An adolescent residential program focusing on identifying risk factors and developing treatment modalities which:
- 1) interrupt negative behaviors & diminish negative attitudes
- 2) eliminate substance abuse and/or chemical dependency
- 3) empower age-appropriate developmental & social skills
- 4) contribute to positive role models & values & rewards
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SopertonGrades: 1-11 | 10 students
11151 Ga Highway 15
Soperton, GA 30457
VidaliaGrades: K-12 | 109 students
101 E. 1st St.
Vidalia, GA 30474
VidaliaGrades: 9-12 | 16 students
Po Box 525
Vidalia, GA 30475
LyonsGrades: PK-12 | 464 students
Po Box 227
Lyons, GA 30436
Mount VernonGrades: K | 10 students
1802 N Railroad Ave
Mount Vernon, GA 30445
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.