- Allegro Academy; Rockford's first non-denominational Christian Fine Arts elementary and middle school is open throughout the year. Many students begin in the Fall, but we often accommodate those needing to change in mid-semester.
- We are a small school (under 150) with small class sizes that prioritizes reading, other academic subjects and discipline within all classes to provide an outstanding learning environment.
- Also, recognizing the important role fine arts plays in a child's development, PK-8th grade students are given opportunities for classroom experiences in: • music • keyboard • vocal/band • drawing • dance • movement Early experiences in these arts have been shown to foster multiple intelligences.
- Our curriculum exceeds state standards in science, math, and reading as a result of our literature based approach.
- Through historical fiction, students gain a richness and depth of understanding that is often unattainable through traditional textbooks.
- For example, we've all learned the story of Columbus, but imagine reading "Pedro's Journal", the story of a boy who stows away on Columbus' ship.
- That journey, through the eyes of a twelve year old boy; intriguing, rich, priceless.
- Education, the way you wish you'd been taught.
- Our SmartBoard and science laboratory provide exciting opportunities for experimentation and hands-on learning.
- Our young scholars enjoy.
- Additionally, the sporting tradition of basketball and volleyball for everyone interested in playing fill the bleachers with parents and supporters in Rimmer Gymnasium.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||106 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(uniform school attire)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,995|
|Tuition Notes||Weekly, Monthly and Annual Rates Available|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Cora Richter|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,
- Allegro Academy is passionate about students progressing according to their ability and not simply age. Because of this, our young scholars often advance faster and are excited about both Allegro Academy and learning. Pre-K and Kindergarten students are given the opportunity to read. Many of our Kindergarten students read at a second grade level. Ability based reading circles allow children to enter and adjust quickly to our progressive academic environment. Lessons in numbers, math, handwriting, calendar, weather, basic science, art and music are also taught. First through eighth grade young scholars have the benefit of highly developed, student-centered learning. Our school is set apart by its highly interactive, hands-on opportunities for students. We strongly believe that students learn by doing, not just by teacher presentations. We teach within a Christian environment. Curricula include Sonlight and A Beka; widely recognized, academically focused Christian publishers. Topics such as conduct, respect, friends, community and family are also fundamental in daily lessons. Extra-curricular activities include sports & cheer teams, band, chess club, yearbook, and more!
Profile last updated: 08/19/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RockfordGrades: PK-12 | 798 students
5950 Spring Creek Rd
Rockford, IL 61114
RockfordGrades: PK-12 | 303 students
1 Jacoby Pl
Rockford, IL 61107
RockfordGrades: PK-8 | 181 students
2909 N Main St
Rockford, IL 61103
RockfordGrades: PK-8 | 135 students
8101 Sayer Rd
Rockford, IL 61108
RockfordGrades: PK-12 | 1232 students
1401 N Bell School Road
Rockford, IL 61107