Grades: 7-12 | 59 students
Alsion offers a three year program of education especially designed to meet the academic and social needs of adolescents (ages 12 through 15.) While Alsion covers grades 7, 8, and 9, the School has the teaching expertise and resources to advance motivated students well beyond the California standards for these grade levels.
Alsion's Early College program enables our students to earn two years of college credit at Ohlone College and a high school diploma from Alsion after 9th grade.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||59 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Environmental Science, AP Language and Composition, AP Literature and Composition, AP Statistics,|
|Average SAT score||2078|
|Average ACT score||32|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,900|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,400|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rosemary Petersen|
|Admissions Associate||Rebecca Buzsaki|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art/Adventure, AstroTech (astronomy,aviation,robotics.), Chess, Cooking Club, Debate/Speech, Digital Photography, Interact Club, Journalism, Junior Solar Sprint Cars, Kyak Building, Math Club, Movie Appreciation and Analysis, Orienteering, Phychology, Running Club, Seedling Society and Gardening, Speech/debate, Videography, Voice/Guitar, Year Book Art/Adventure, Chess, Cooking Club, Debate/Speech, Interact Club, Journalism, Kyak Building, Math Club, Orienteering, Phychology, Running Club, Speech/debate, Videography, Voice/Guitar, Year Book, AstroTech (astronomy,aviation,robotics.),
Junior Solar Sprint Cars,
Movie Appreciation and Analysis,
Seedling Society and Gardening,
- Team of four full-time and 3 part-time Master Teachers remain with the same class of students during all three years of the program.
- Master teachers are assisted by subject matter specialists.
- Math is taught in ability group tutorials, approximately 6 to 8 per class. Sequence is: Beginning algebra,geometry, algebra 2.
- Science is "hands-on" and project based, taught in 2 hour blocks. Sequence: life science (7th grade),physics & chemistry (8th grade), A.P. Environmental Science (9th grade.)
- Foreign language is Spanish taught by immersion method, 5 days per week for three years. (AP Spanish in 9th grade.)
- Students read and discuss approximately 16 novels per year. Writing assignments are frequent. Some require multiple drafts.
- 9th grade exit exam is California Community College Placement Exam. (Please see "Academic Performance" page on website.
- Many intermural sports: flag football,volleyball, soccer, basketball, Ultimate Frisbee, cross country.
- Fine art, music,ceramics,creative writing.
- Afternoon apprenticeships, community service.
- Annual Natural History Expeditions. (See Methods and Programs" page on website.)
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
FremontGrades: PK-8 | 473 students
38451 Fremont Blvd
Fremont, CA 94536
Yorba LindaGrades: NS-K
6555 Fairmont Blvd
Yorba Linda, CA 92886