Grades: 1-8 | 38 students
- The Alternative Academic Achievement Academy(AAA) Academy is a non-for-profit 14-7.02 private therapeutic day school.
- It has been approved by the Illinois State Board of Education to serve the needs of students ages 5 through 15 with emotional, behavioral, learning disabilities and other health impairments as well as those considered to be at-risk.
- AAA Academy provides a structured academic program for placement of students in grades k through 8, utilizing a unique 5-1 teacher to pupil ratio.
- AAA Academy's concept of reducing class size goes along with a belief that to communicate one on one with students increases the chance of reaching them.
- AAA Academy was created with the idea and principle belief tha "ALL Children Are Worth Saving".
- This belief allows us to provide alternative placements to students with different needs while allowing them to obtain needed academic achievement.
- Students experiencing difficulty in the traditional school environment are placed with AAA Academy because of our fundamental belief that all children can learn.
- The mission is to provide a positive learning environment which will improve the self-esteem and impact students behavioral and educational performance so that they many become better prepared for the future.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PosenGrades: PK-8 | 146 students
14418 S Mckinley Avenue
Posen, IL 60469
HarveyGrades: K-9 | 148 students
14633 Winchester Ave
Harvey, IL 60426
MidlothianGrades: NS-PK | 18 students
14811 Turner Avenue
Midlothian, IL 60445
RobbinsGrades: K-9 | 54 students
Po Box 145
Robbins, IL 60472
Blue IslandGrades: PK-12 | 16 students
1962 Broadway St
Blue Island, IL 60406
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.