Grades: 6-8 | 86 students
- The Alternative School For Math and Science, a diverse community of students, teachers and parents, provides an academically challenging and supportive learning environment uniquely designed for 10 to 14 year olds.
- The School’s innovative curriculum, atmosphere of trust and respect, and commitment to life-long learning enable the positive development of the whole child.
- Every aspect of school life is intended to help students learn tolerance, build integrity and character, and become responsible members of the broader community. .
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||86 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,000|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Drama Club, Exploravision Competition, Future City Competition, Guitar, Jazz Ensemble, Lego Robotics, Math Counts, Needle Crafts, Rock Band, Running Club, Stop Motion Movie Making, Strategy Games, Writing Club, Yearbook, Yoga Drama Club, Guitar, Jazz Ensemble, Lego Robotics, Math Counts, Needle Crafts, Rock Band, Running Club, Strategy Games, Writing Club, Yearbook, Yoga, Exploravision Competition,
Future City Competition,
Stop Motion Movie Making,
- Welcome to The Alternative School for Math and Science. Step inside the doors of our beautiful building and enter into an innovative learning environment where middle school students thrive. Supported by a caring faculty of dedicated educators, students are encouraged to inquire and explore, to think and create. Our challenging, purposeful and integrated curriculum is designed to develop the emerging talents of our 21st century academics and artists, athletes and activists. Grounded in the quest for both personal excellence and responsible community membership, learning at ASMS is an authentic, collaborative, and on-going adventure. We invite you to prepare your children for their futures.
People that viewed Alternative School For Math & Science also viewed these schools: Chemung Valley Montessori School.
This place is amazing!!!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - erway
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.