- The Ancona School is a Montessori-based, independent school educating children from the preprimary to 8th grade.
- Ancona educates students to become creative problem solvers, confident risk takers and independent, lifelong learners.
- Rooted in the Montessori tradition, our child-centered school stimulates the joy of learning and builds a strong academic foundation.
- We inspire children to nourish their inner lives, find the power in their own voices and strive for justice and peace.
- In a community of cultural and economic diversity, Ancona cultivates understanding, care and respect for others.
- Our goal is to produce confident, motivated and self-directed lifelong learners.
- We respect the innate curiosity of each child and encourage inquiry, exploration and creative expression.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||248 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChicagoGrades: NS-12 | 1771 students
1362 E 59th Street
Chicago, IL 60637
ChicagoGrades: K-9 | 217 students
5467 S Woodlawn Ave
Chicago, IL 60615
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 313 students
1550 S State St
Chicago, IL 60605
ChicagoGrades: PK-6 | 129 students
1014 East 47th Street
Chicago, IL 60653
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 236 students
7740 S Eberhart Ave
Chicago, IL 60619