Grades: PK-8 | 160 students
- The Andover School of Montessori fosters the growth of joyous learners and responsible citizens.
- We encourage curiosity, deep thinking and respect for oneself and others.
- In support of Maria Montessori's philosophy, we advocate learning through collaboration and communication; provide learning in a climate of support and experimentation; promote service to others; instill a sense of community and outreach; model integrity and civility; embrace peace, challenge prejudice and respect differences; and recognize that many perspectives inform the human experience. .
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||160 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Admissions Director||Yvonne Howard|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, SoccerBasketball, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||American Sign Language, Archery, Artful Animals, Baking Club, Chess Club, Intro Dance, Math Olympiad, Pottery, Running Club, STEM Club, Soccer Classes, Theater, Yoga Archery, Artful Animals, Baking Club, Chess Club, Intro Dance, Math Olympiad, Pottery, Running Club, STEM Club, Soccer Classes, Theater, Yoga, American Sign Language,
- Traditional models of education place the teacher at the center of the classroom. At ASM, the focus of our classrooms is the child and learning is individualized. Students take responsibility for their learning, become independent, and are creative in their work. Our students are encouraged to follow their interests, a key indicator in students` enjoying school and becoming life-long learners. ASM`s educational model spans grades pre-k to eight and our classrooms combine children of multiple ages; therefore we see leadership and mentoring skills develop in our students as they progress through their educational continuum.
- Our Montessori environment is intentionally peaceful and provides children with opportunities to practice skills that will help them navigate social situations with grace. Our students can be heard encouraging their peers and offering to lend a helping hand. Your children will be greeted each day with a handshake from the head of school and their teachers, because each individual child is important to us! Perhaps most significant, we see our children as so much more than students and are committed to helping them grow as respectful and well-balanced individuals who learn to see the world beyond themselves.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AndoverGrades: PK-9 | 438 students
34 Sunset Rock Road
Andover, MA 01810
BeverlyGrades: NS-8 | 296 students
243 Essex Street
Beverly, MA 01915
LexingtonGrades: NS-8 | 244 students
739 Massachusetts Ave
Lexington, MA 02420
LexingtonGrades: NS-8 | 215 students
130 Pleasant Street
Lexington, MA 02421
LynnfieldGrades: PK-8 | 432 students
40 Grove St
Lynnfield, MA 01940
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.