Grades: PK-12 | 336 students
Andrews Osborne Academy (AOA) is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day (PK to grade 12) and boarding (grades 7-12) school.
We have a 300 acre campus in Willoughby, Ohio, a beautiful setting located only 25 minutes from University Circle, the heart of Cleveland's cultural activities. Each year 100% of graduates are accepted to 4-year accredited colleges and universities. When a student comes to AOA, they find a close-knit community, small classes, and a wide variety of clubs, teams and activities to help them learn and grow.
Andrews Osborne Academy prepares students for higher education and empowers them to be successful leaders committed to serving in an international community.
AOA....where students learn to think creatively.
Upcoming Events and News:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||336 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, European History, Physics I, II, C, US History,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Khaki pants & School Polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,250|
|Tuition Notes||PK-12 Day: 6,875 to 21,250/ Boarding: $46,600 international, $40,825 7 day national, $35,025 5 day national. $1,000 fee grades 6-11, $1,250 fee grade 12. $300-$500 fee in lower grades.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rachelle Sundberg|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Equestrian,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||33 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||American Sign Language, Asian Board Games, Audio Visual Club, Blue Key Ambassadors, Card Making, Chemistry Club, Clay Club, Community Service, Drama Club, E-Games, Environmental Club, Fine Arts Association, International Club, Literary Magazine, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, National Honor Society, Outdoors Club, Parade the Circle, Pen Pal Club, Photography Club, Power of the Pen, Quidditch Club, Robotics Club, Russian Club, Ski Club, Spirit Club, Star Wars Club, Student Council, Tabletop Games Club, Varsity Club, Walking and Talking Club, Why not? Knitting Club Card Making, Chemistry Club, Clay Club, Drama Club, E-Games, Mock Trial, Outdoors Club, Pen Pal Club, Quidditch Club, Robotics Club, Russian Club, Ski Club, Spirit Club, Star Wars Club, Varsity Club, American Sign Language,
Asian Board Games,
Audio Visual Club,
Blue Key Ambassadors,
Fine Arts Association,
Model United Nations,
National Honor Society,
Parade the Circle,
Power of the Pen,
Tabletop Games Club,
Walking and Talking Club,
Why not? Knitting Club,
- 340 students, which includes a 28% boarding population
- College preparatory curriculum
- Honors and AP classes in all subject areas
- Varied electives, from Video & Animation to Biodiesel
- Rich Performance and Fine Arts offerings
- Academic Advisors: Each teacher has 6-10 student advisees who meet weekly
- Competitive and extensive athletics
- Partnerships with SPIRE Institute, The Fine Arts Association, The Cleveland Ballet, and Maypine-Flagship Farms
- An Equestrian program where students may take private lessons or compete on a interscholastic team
- Matriculation list can be found on College Counseling page located under "Academics" on website (www.andrewsosborne.org).
- Housing-Boarding available for grades 7-12: seven houses accommodating 10-22 students, dedicated houseparents, and residential assistants. Each air conditioned home includes double or triple rooms, a common area with a desktop and printer, television, and a laundry room with washers and dryers. All dorms are wireless.
- Financial Information: Nearly 30% of Andrews Osborne students receive assistance based on need. Payment plans and loan programs are available.
- Five Day Boarding commences on Sunday evening and ends Friday afternoon.
- Application Fees Domestic Student $50 International Student $100
Profile last updated: 02/11/2016
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WilloughbyGrades: NS-6 | 86 students
4200 State Route 306
Willoughby, OH 44094
EastlakeGrades: K-9 | 279 students
35741 Stevens Blvd
Eastlake, OH 44095
WilloughbyGrades: PK-KG | 45 students
5543 Som Center Rd
Willoughby, OH 44094
MentorGrades: 9-12 | 831 students
6733 Reynolds Road
Mentor, OH 44060
32114 Vine Street
Eastlake, OH 440953.3PK-8
Rental Market Monitor
January 25, 2016
This is a very practical list of things you must do before you graduate. The items on this list will enhance your college applications.
January 08, 2016
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.
January 05, 2016
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.