Grades: PK-12 | 220 students
- Apostles is a member of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS), a church organization that has been operating Lutheran schools for over 150 years.
- Apostles wants to connect your child with the future.
- Our students score consistently high on achievement tests compared with other schools.
- After graduation, our students attend the top-rated private and public high schools in the area.
- Students are balanced and well-equipped for the challenges of high school and life.
- Students have the spiritual foundation to tackle issues in their future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ESL, Dyslexia, General Tutoring|
|Total Students||220 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||English, Environmental Science, US History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,870|
|Tuition Notes||subsidized rates for Apostles Lutheran Church members|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mr. Walker, Principal|
|Admissions Associate||Joel Walker, Int'l Admissions|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Choir, Drama, Eaglets Intramurals, Piano, Robotics Chess Club, Choir, Drama, Piano, Robotics, Eaglets Intramurals,
- Apostles Lutheran School is a Jr.K-8th grade Christian school in south San Jose. Apostles has been serving families with Christ-centered education for over 40 years. Apostles is member of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS) which supports our school with a rich tradition of academic excellence.The WELS has operated elementary, middle, and high schools across the United States, the Caribbean, and around the world for over 150 years. Apostles Lutheran School is a part of the fourth largest private school system in America. Currently, WELS churches and associations operate 406 early childhood centers, 334 elementary schools, 23 high schools, 2 colleges and one seminary across the nation, enrolling over 41,000 students in its institutions of learning. The Wisconsin Synod has provided excellent instructors to these schools by training its own teachers since 1884. It is gratifying to report that, on average, students attending WELS schools annually tend to outperform their peers by a considerable margin on national achievement tests.Apostles is proud to bring this rich pedigree of academic excellence to San Jose.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San JoseGrades: PK-8 | 481 students
4850 Pearl Ave
San Jose, CA 95136
Palo AltoGrades: 1-8 | 59 students
525 San Antonio Av
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Los AltosGrades: NS-12 | 305 students
11311 Mora Dr
Los Altos, CA 94024
CampbellGrades: NS-8 | 442 students
1075 W Campbell Ave
Campbell, CA 95008
Palo AltoGrades: K-8 | 235 students
4000 Terman Drive
Palo Alto, CA 94306
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.