Grades: K-12 | 57 students
- Our desire is to raise our students to engage the world they live in from the platform of Christianity and a personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- It is our desire that each student learn to achieve with excellence in order to understand their purpose, their world and all things from the truth of God's word.
- We believe that through a classical and Christian education our students will be equipped for the challenges that will face them as adults.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||57 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,800|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarship Program available|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Stephen Bailey|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, CheeringBasketball, Cheering,
- Teaching a thoroughly Christian worldview in every academic area
- Using classical model of education as the best methodology which respects man as created in the image of God
- Teaching our students to be lovers and seekers of truth.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NewportGrades: PK-8 | 200 students
180 Rhode Island Ave
Newport, RI 02840
PortsmouthGrades: NS-8 | 185 students
110 Sandy Point Ave Litle Slocum Farm
Portsmouth, RI 02871
MiddletownGrades: PK | 16 students
60 Hammerlund Way
Middletown, RI 02842
BarringtonGrades: K-12 | 220 students
9 Old County Road
Barrington, RI 02806
BarringtonGrades: PK-8 | 209 students
10 Waldron Avenue
Barrington, RI 02806
Aquidneck Island Christian Academy is a classical model Christian school that emphasizes God at the center of all that is taught. If you are looking for a Christian school with incredible academic prowess, this is it! The staff is friendly, competent, patient, encouraging, loving, and genuine. The headmaster is extremely approachable and selfless. He has given his time and energy to this school for over 20 years. Several students rank high nationally in academics and some have also received national merit scholarships. Did you know that Albert Einstein, Ted Turner, Steve Jobs, and Joe Paterno were all classically taught students? The list goes on and on. The best part about all of this, it is not out of reach because of price. If you want or need a private school for your child but don't think you can afford. Think again. There is assistance if you need and qualify. Money is not the center of this school in any way, the children and young adults are the focus. BTW this great school has grades K-12 Perfect school for military families that are stationed at the Newport Navy Base.
- Posted by Parent - ktgol
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.