- Arbor Schools, Toddler-Primary-Elementary, is dedicated to allowing each of its students to develop his or her self.
- In the tradition of Maria Montessori we believe that each child possesses an intense motivation toward self-development.
- Arbor`s goal is to establish models to guide the children successfully in this endeavor.
- At Arbor we encourage self-motivation and independent learning so children will solve problems, define what is important to them, use their time constructively, assume responsibilities, and continue to learn and grow.
- We strive to develop a positive and realistic attitude of respect toward self, others and learning.
- We believe children should have a life that satisfies them and uses their resources, while benefiting themselves and others.
- We have long term goals in mind when we work with children.
- We want them to become unique individuals, who can think logically, have a good self-image and be capable of reaching beyond their needs to those of others.
- We believe that these characteristics will be more valuable to them as adults than will some of the standard achievements, such as, excellence in handwriting, or speed in computation.
- Accordingly, our curriculum is designed with this in mind.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other Montessori association(s)
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||171 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Extreme PE, Music, SkyHawks Sports Art Club, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Extreme PE, Music, SkyHawks Sports,
- Arbor Montessori School offers an education that is child-centered with child-driven educational practices that allow children to discover the breadth and depth of their own knowledge. This gives them the freedom to become the competent, happy, successful people they dream they can be.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BellevueGrades: PK-8 | 643 students
14600 Ne 24th St
Bellevue, WA 98007
BellevueGrades: NS-5 | 159 students
4211 W Lake Sammamish Parkway Se
Bellevue, WA 98008
BellevueGrades: K-5 | 246 students
13633 SE 26th St
Bellevue, WA 98005
BellevueGrades: PK-8 | 486 students
133 156th Avenue Se
Bellevue, WA 98007
RedmondGrades: NS-12 | 767 students
8905 208th Avenue NE
Redmond, WA 98053
Excellent Start to Your Child's Educational Life. My son, now at Harvard, attended the Arbor preschool. He entered public school with an absolute love for learning and discovery that has never gone away.
- Posted by Parent - karen
Amazing program with wonderful faculty and staff. Very caring environment with a true Montessori experience.
- Posted by Parent - obriz