Grades: 9-12 | 500 students
- Archbishop Carroll High School is a co-educational, International Baccalaureate school under the direction of the Archdiocese of Washington.
- We welcome a diverse student body from over 40 nationalities, sixty zip codes and forty feeder schools.
- We empower a wide array of students to think critically, creatovely and morally.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||500 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 48%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,640|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid is available through TADS. Archdiocesan employees receive a 50% tuition rate. Merit scholarships are available for students with exceptional academic potential.|
|Admissions Director||TIffani Scurlock|
- 99% of the Class of 2014 were accepted to college; 25% were admitted to top 50 selective colleges (US News)
- 2014 graduates received $123,000 average in college scholarships.
- 1:9 student teacher ratio
- School wide gains in I.B. scores every since the implemementation of the program
- Generous donors support carroll with over $2 million per year, an average of $4,700 per student
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BladensburgGrades: 9-12 | 570 students
5715 Emerson Street
Bladensburg, MD 20710
District HeightsGrades: 9-12 | 891 students
6800 Marlboro Pike
District Heights, MD 20747
WashingtonGrades: 9-12 | 1130 students
2607 Military Road NW, Chevy Chase
Washington, DC 20015
WashingtonGrades: 9-12 | 490 students
1524 35th St Nw
Washington, DC 20007
WashingtonGrades: 9-12 | 960 students
19 Eye Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.