Grades: 6-12 | 14 students
- The Arlington School provides an individualized education experience to a wide variety of students.
- While there is no one "type" of student at The Arlington School, many of our students come here because, in one way or another, their needs were not met at a larger public or private school because of our small size, it is possible to address the many issues that middle school and high school students normally face.
- Problems which are usually ignored in a traditional educational system.
- At The Arlington School we recognize that there is more to learning than what occurs in the classroom.
- In fact, a student's entire life affects his/her education.
- We believe that providing the best education possible means more than just teaching subjects.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||14 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,000|
|Tuition Notes||Yearly tuition costs $10,000|
|Admissions Director||Debbie Petitto|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BirminghamGrades: 5-12 | 374 students
4801 Altamont Road South
Birmingham, AL 35222
BirminghamGrades: 9-12 | 626 students
300 Lakeshore Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35209
BirminghamGrades: NS-12 | 357 students
1500 Heritage Place Drive
Birmingham, AL 35210
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.