Most schools require your child's current math and English teachers to complete a teacher recommendation form. These are fairly detailed evaluations of your child's efforts and abilities in these core subject areas. They take about 15-20 minutes for the teacher to complete. So be thoughtful and considerate of the current teacher's time by giving him these forms to complete well in advance of any deadlines.
You typically will download the teacher recommendation forms. You complete the information at the top of the form, then hand the blank form to your child's teacher. Be sure to include an envelope addressed directly to the school's admissions office. Stamp the envelope before you give it to the teacher. Remind the teacher to submit the recommendation forms as soon as possible, in any event no later than December 31 for mid-January deadlines.
Note: you waive your right to review or even see what the teacher writes in her evaluation. This information is strictly confidential.
From McCallie School
- What do you hope your child will accomplish at McCallie?
- From what activities does your child derive self-confidence?
- What are your child’s strengths and weaknesses? (Please comment on social characteristics: e.g., self-reliance, sense of humor, ability to mix, shyness, assertiveness, etc.)
- Include any particular concerns of which the school should be aware: e.g., Has your child experienced any difficult challenges or personal setbacks in recent years? Are there any medical conditions of which we should be aware?
- Has your child had any psychological or educational testing?
- Does your child regularly take any prescription medication?
- Does your child's health limit or interfere with the normal performance of everyday activities, including class work, . . .read more
So unless your father endowed . . .read more
Online at the school's web site
Online at the SSAT site
Complete and submit a paper application
Applying Via Individual School Web Sites