Many schools for the gifted offer enrichment in academic subjects. Others specialize in the arts. Most of the students in these schools excel at their school work and in their artistic endeavors. They thrive in a school setting where they don't have to waste time on non-essential courses. The extra time gained is spent on music lessons, rehearsals and studio time.
Schools for At . . .read more
A military school education embraces stucture, team work, and a solid focus on self-discipline. And they are not just for men either. Several schools are co-educational. Technology plays a major role in military schools these days, reflecting the enormous changes technology has wrought across the entire defense spectrum in America today.
Military school graduates have gone on to be our nation's leaders. They have paid the price for defending our freedom.
Proudly you gathered, rank on rank, to war
As who had heard God’s message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave,
To save mankind—yourselves you scorned to save.
Stanza II from O Valiant Hearts by John S. Ark-wright
- Adda Clevenger Junior Prep & Theater School, San Francisco
- The American Boychoir School, Princeton
- The Conservatory, Baltimore Actors' Theatre, Baltimore
- The Chicago Academy for the Arts, Chicago
- The Crowden School, Berkeley
- Idyllwild Arts Academy, Idyllwild
- Interlochen Arts Academy, Interlochen
- North Carolina School of the Arts, Winston-Salem
- Northwest Academy, Portland
- The Professional Children's School, New York
- The Putney School, Putney
- Saint Thomas Church Choir School, New York
- Seattle Academy of Arts and Sciences, Seattle
- The Texas Boys Choir School, Fort Worth
- Virgina School of the Arts, Lynchburg
- Walnut Hill School for the Arts, Natick
A Waldorf education appeals to parents who embrace their responsibilities as parents for their children's education. Rather than . . .read more