Forget any stigma when it comes to choosing a school for special needs. These schools are great! They have spent years perfecting their learning strategies. They understand young people like your son. They know what needs to be done.
The same applies to children who have been diagnosed with a host of other learning differences such as autism, deafness and blindness. These schools offer plenty of patient, one on one teaching and activities geared specifically for their young charges.
Where do you start? Have a professional diagnosis done. You need to know exactly what you are dealing with. Then choose the right school to remediate the syndrome.
- American School for the Deaf, West Hartford
- Ann Arbor Academy, Ann Arbor, MI
- ANASAZI Foundation. Mesa, AZ
- The Academy at Swift River, Cummington, MA
- Arrowsmith School, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Aspen Ranch, Loa, UT
- Aspen Education Group
- Atlanta Speech School, Atlanta, GA
- The Bedford School, Fairburn, GA
- Beverly School for the Deaf, Beverly, MA
- Brehm Preparatory School, Inc., Carbondale, IL
- Bridges Academy, Bend, OR
- Bromley Brook School, Manchester, VT
- Brush Ranch School, Tererro, NM
- The Carroll School, Lincoln, MA
- Cedars Academy, Bridgeville, DE
- CEDU Schools
- Center for the Education of the Infant Deaf, Berkeley, CA
- Centreville School, Centreville, DE
- F.L. . . .read more
Many schools for the gifted offer enrichment in academic subjects. Others specialize in the arts. Most of the students in these schools excel at their school work and in their artistic endeavors. They thrive in a school setting where they don't have to waste time on non-essential courses. The extra time gained is spent on music lessons, rehearsals and studio time.
A military school education embraces stucture, team work, and a solid focus on self-discipline. And they are not just for men either. Several schools are co-educational. Technology plays a major role in military schools these days, reflecting the enormous changes technology has wrought across the entire defense spectrum in America today.
Military school graduates have gone on to be our nation's leaders. They have paid the price for defending our freedom.
Proudly you gathered, rank on rank, to war
As who had heard God’s message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave,
To save mankind—yourselves you scorned to save.
Stanza II from O Valiant Hearts by John S. Ark-wright
- Adda Clevenger Junior Prep & Theater School, San Francisco
- The American Boychoir School, Princeton
- The Conservatory, Baltimore Actors' Theatre, Baltimore
- The Chicago Academy for the Arts, Chicago
- The Crowden School, Berkeley
- Idyllwild Arts Academy, Idyllwild
- Interlochen Arts Academy, Interlochen
- North Carolina School of the Arts, Winston-Salem
- Northwest Academy, Portland
- The Professional Children's School, New York
- The Putney School, Putney
- Saint Thomas Church Choir School, New York
- Seattle Academy of Arts and Sciences, Seattle
- The Texas Boys Choir School, Fort Worth
- Virgina School of the Arts, Lynchburg
- Walnut Hill School for the Arts, Natick