Grades: PK-8 | 288 students
- As educators at Ascension Catholic School, our mission is to enable students to realize their spiritual, intellectual, and social potential.
- We provide our students with a peaceful learning environment and a strong Catholic community.
- We teach our students to appreciate the value of education, the importance of faith, and to prepare themselves for their future.
- We, as Catholic educators, recognize our responsibility to the students and parents.
- We believe the parents to be the primary educators of their children, and further believe the school, home, and church must work together for students to reach their full potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||288 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(uniforms required everyday)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates are negotiable. Bring all financial documents to school office so school administration can assess affordability.|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 724 students
12201 Washington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90066
Culver CityGrades: PK-6 | 175 students
3430 McManus Avenue
Culver City, CA 90232
Culver CityGrades: PK-8 | 425 students
8509 Higuera Street
Culver City, CA 90232
Los AngelesGrades: PK-7 | 100 students
10792 National Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064
Los AngelesGrades: PK-8 | 294 students
145 W 64th St
Los Angeles, CA 90003
Ascension is one of the only elementary schools in Los Angeles with a free Music Program. It gives free guitar and piano lessons to children in good academic standing. Music is proven to help math skills, improve self-esteem, and help kids process emotions.
- Posted by Administrator - Danel
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.