Grades: 2-12 | 28 students
Our mission at Atkinson Youth Services School is to provide a safe supportive environment where students are empowered to become lifelong learners and responsible citizens.
Atkinson Youth Services School is a non-public school that provides specialized instruction to students with an Emotional Disturbance Disability and/or Specific Learning Disability.
The program also serves Mental Retardation, Autism, Other Health Impaired, and Speech and Language designations.
The program is designed to stimulate children to want to learn, to problem solve with others, and develop independent skills.
It is the goal that each student achieves his or her maximum potential educationally, emotionally, and socially.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Emotionally Disturbed, Specific Learning Disabled, Mental Retardation, Autism, Other Health Impaired, and Speech and Language designations|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Johann Rubia-Miller, Principal|
|Admissions Associate||Lindsay Martinson, V.Principal|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Football, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBadminton, Basketball,
- K through 12 grade levels with a population of 48 students
- Four open classes with a 4:1 ratio, credentialed teacher in each class
- State required curriculum in all subject matter
- Adopted SRA, Reading Master, and Corrective Reading as our supplemental reading program
- Psychiatrist consulting, assessing, and evaluations of medications
- Consulting psychologist in behavior support
- Psychologist providing educational testing and assessment
- Speech and language services by a certified pathologist
- Work experience earning credits and ROP participation with the San Juan District
- Transition and Vocational planning and related coursework
- Community based instruction
- Independent instruction in GED course work
- Social skill curriculum, enhanced clubs, and after school programs
- Breakfast and lunch provided free for all students
- Door to door transportation
- Extended school year
- State of the art computer lab
- Tutoring services
- Summer Elective Program including classes such as: swimming, gardening, dance, piano, driver's education, career education, music appreciation and more
- Mentoring program
- Extra-curricular activities
October 20, 2016
Among the many forms which you must complete when applying to private school is something called The Candidate Statement. Here's what it is involved in preparing this document.
October 19, 2016
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
October 18, 2016
Submit your employment application the way a Swiss watch craftsman builds a watch. With precision and accuracy.