- Augustine Classical Academy, a classical Christian school in Saratoga county, equips students with tools of learning using the time-tested Trivium method.
- Following the biblical pattern laid out by Solomon, students grow in knowledge, understanding, and wisdom as they learn to view all of life through the lens of Scripture.
- Younger students are introduced to the pleasant rigor of classical learning as they learn the grammar of subjects through chants, rhymes, and songs.
- Dialectic students (grades 7-9) learn to reason well as they study formal logic and apply its principles to all other disciplines.
- Rhetoric students (grades 10-12), articulate and thoughtful young adults, speak and write with confidence and poise.
- With small classes and lively discussions, an emphasis on Christian charity in relationships, and a belief that all education is discipleship, students pursue a rigorous course of study within a community of Christian scholars.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, Latin,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Skirts for the girls, coat and tie for boys.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Tuition Notes||$3,500 for Kindergarten $5,000 for Grammar School $6,500 for Upper School|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Matthew Hopkins|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Crew, Fencing, Rock Climbing, Soccer, TennisAlpine Skiing, Basketball,
Rock Climbing, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Drama/Theater, Mock Trial, Orchestra, Robotics Team, Studio Art Choir, Drama/Theater, Mock Trial, Orchestra, Robotics Team, Studio Art,|
Augustine Classical Academy opened its doors in September of 2009. Currently in its 8th year, classes will be offered for all students grades K-12, with 4th-6th graders participating in a school/home study partnership. We anticipate full classes for all grade in the 2013-14 school year.
- Half-day kindergarten, combined grammar school classes in 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th, and 5th/6th.
- Rigorous academic program
- Great Ideas courses (Great Books of Literature, Great Works of Theology, Great Ideas of History) for 11th-12th grades
- Solid math and science program, with most 10th graders taking Algebra II/Trigonometry and seniors taking AP Calculus.
- Annual Shakespeare production for all Upper School (grades 7-12) students. Prior performances include Twelfth Night, Love's Labor's Lost, and The Winter's Tale. Dialectic students (ie middleschoolers) produce a musical each year.
- Arts classes include required participation in choir, instrumental ensembles/orchestra, studio arts, drama, and protocol
- Co-curricular activities include rowing, fencing, alpine skiing, rockclimbing, Mock Trial, and MathCounts
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ScotiaGrades: PK-12 | 346 students
36-38 Sacandaga Rd
Scotia, NY 12302
AmsterdamGrades: PK-12 | 26 students
1863 County Highway 107
Amsterdam, NY 12010
Saratoga SpringsGrades: 6-12 | 248 students
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
GansevoortGrades: PK-12 | 28 students
755 Route 9
Gansevoort, NY 12831
Burnt HillsGrades: 8-12 | 28 students
322 Lake Hill Rd
Burnt Hills, NY 12027