Grades: 10-12 | 180 students
- Austin Career Education Center opened its doors in September 1977 to men and women who left high school before graduation.
- They realized their need for a high school diploma and all of the opportunities that graduation provides.
- More than 16,000 students have enrolled in classes at the Center to date.
- During the 2006 - 2007 school year, diplomas were awarded to 160 young men and women.
- More than 60% of those students are now enrolled in college or vocational training.
- The school provides a student-centered curriculum, career counselor, special education support, and dedicated staff of teachers that work with students to achieve success.
- At the center, students benefit from a range of academic and counseling services.
- We provide student-centered classes, ACT preparation, and college counseling to help students approach challenges in the future with confidence.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 10-12|
|Total Students||180 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChicagoGrades: 9-12 | 194 students
4651 W. Madison
Chicago, IL 60644
ChicagoGrades: 10-12 | 177 students
1231 S Pulaski Rd
Chicago, IL 60623
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.