Grades: 5-12 | 82 students
- The purposes of this Averill/alfond School to provide a home for the reception and support of needy boys and girls who are in need of a home and a helping hand, to maintain and operate a school for them and to attend to the physical, industrial, moral and spiritual development of those who shall be placed in its care; its spirit to be evangelical without being sectarian.
- our mission remains to provide a home and helping hand for young people and families.
- The organization has helped more than 6,000 youth from Maine and other states.
- Today, Good Will-Hinckley is home to youth facing complex academic, social, behavioral and emotional challenges.
- Before going to Good Will, they may have lacked sufficient support at home and/or in school.
- The 2,450 acre campus serves as many as 300 youth per year, ages 11 through 21.
- Good Will offers complete residential, educational, and counseling services.
- The campus also has a museum, library, organic farm, Alfond Recreation Center, and several athletic fields.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Total Students||82 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 10%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.