Grades: NS-12 | 60 students
Avondale House was founded in 1976 by a group of parents of children with autism.
At Avondale House we are committed to the success of our children, young adults, and their families, providing special education services in both our school and residences.
Our classrooms have no more than 8 students, with a certified teacher and two support staff in each.
At Avondale House, our mission is to provide children and young adults with autism the education and training to develop to their fullest potential.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism/Pervasive Develpmental Disorder|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 37%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Associate||Lynn Fussell|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Bowling, Equestrian, GymnasticsBadminton, Basketball,
- Avondale House was founded in 1976 by a group of parents of children with autism.
- At Avondale House we are committed to the behavioral, academic and vocational success of our children, young adults, and their families.
- Avondale House instructional program is based on Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) generalized into a classroom setting.
- Class size is limited to 8 students with 3 staff.
- Each classroom has a TEA Certified Special Education teacher with two support staff
- All classes participate in academic instruction, behavior training, community based instruction, recreation, as well as a full calendar of holiday celebrations and events.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Cedar ParkGrades: PK-12 | 38 students
1420 Cypress Creek Rd Ste 200-133
Cedar Park, TX 78613
HoustonGrades: K-9 | 68 students
5822 Dolores Street
Houston, TX 77057
League CityGrades: 7-12 | 107 students
1150 Devereux Dr
League City, TX 77573
HoustonGrades: 9-12 | 20 students
6108 S Rice Ave Ste 101
Houston, TX 77081
HoustonGrades: 4 | 1 students
604 Roberts Street
Houston, TX 77003