Grades: K-12 | 220 students
- Barrington Christian Academy has been recognized as one of the top 50 Christian high schools in the United States! Our vision is to equip students to lead by serving in every arena of society with passion, skill, integrity and faith.
- Our enrollment is 205 students in grades K-12.
- We are governed by an independent school board of twelve members representing several area churches.
- BCA has earned a reputation for providing an excellent academic program. Our faculty is dedicated to helping all of our students achieve to the best of their ability.
- Our academic program is challenging and exciting.
- We are known for a very strong program in the arts. Students are actively involved in the learning process.
- Every area of the curriculum is taught from a Christian worldview, and God's truth is the foundation for everything that we teach.
- With class size limited to twenty students and most classes no more than 16, each student receives the personal attention and care that is vital to a successful learning environment.
- The BCA community is one of the great strengths of our school.
- Parents are very involved in every facet of the school, from the board of trustees to the classroom.
- BCA views the education of students as a partnership between parents and the school, so we encourage parents to become involved in the children's education by being informed, supportive, available and involved in the life of our school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Discovery Program for Learning Differences|
|Total Students||220 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, English Literature, Spanish,|
|Average SAT score||1500|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Khaki or blue pants, collar shirt (K-8))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,000|
|Tuition Notes||Different rates for K-5, 6-8, and 9-12 Can be paid over 12 months|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,600|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Miss Ramona Brown|
|Admissions Associate||Rachel McGuire|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choral Groups, Dance Club, Gardening Club, Theater, Touch Cast, Worship Team, Yearbook Choral Groups, Dance Club, Gardening Club, Theater, Touch Cast, Worship Team, Yearbook,|
- A BEST value in independent education! Excellence in education! Biblical worldview!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BarringtonGrades: PK-8 | 209 students
10 Waldron Avenue
Barrington, RI 02806
CumberlandGrades: NS-8 | 349 students
35 Wrentham Rd
Cumberland, RI 02864
JohnstonGrades: PK-8 | 304 students
931 Atwood Ave
Johnston, RI 02919
East ProvidenceGrades: NS-6 | 94 students
100 Grove Avenue
East Providence, RI 02914
North KingstownGrades: K-9 | 182 students
475 School St
North Kingstown, RI 02852
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.