Grades: PK-3 | 401 students
- Beauvoir, the National Cathedral Elementary School, founded in 1933, is a primary school dedicated to educating a diverse student body in a caring and creative environment is an independent, co-ed school for children from pre-kindergarten through third grade, Beauvoir operates under the aegis of the Protestant Episcopal Cathedral Foundation, and focuses all of its resources on early childhood education.
- We believe that a child’s early school years are vital to building strong conceptual skills and attitudes that drive future academic achievement and social development.
- We believe that children have different learning styles and so we seek to develop the unique potential of each child.
- We believe this developmental approach enables children to build self-reliance, and acquire skills to think and work creatively.
- We believe in the Beauvoir Life Rules-respect, responsibility, honesty and kindness-and we emphasize character development in the classroom and throughout the school community.
- We believe in diversity.
- We actively seek qualified children of varied economic, religious, cultural and racial backgrounds.
- And we believe our children benefit from a curriculum that helps them to understand their place in our increasingly multi-cultural, multi-ethnic and multi-racial society.
- We believe that providing the best education depends on attracting, supporting and retaining the best teachers-a faculty that drives our commitment to excellence in early childhood education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||401 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 48%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$30,120|
|Tuition Notes||need-based financial aid is available|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Margaret Hartigan|
|Admissions Associate||Liza Franyo|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WashingtonGrades: PK-8 | 329 students
1640 Kalmia Road NW
Washington, DC 20012
WashingtonGrades: K-12 | 650 students
3000 Cathedral Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20008
BethesdaGrades: PK-8 | 285 students
5600 Little Falls Pkwy
Bethesda, MD 20816
BethesdaGrades: PK-8 | 320 students
6801 Greentree Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
BethesdaGrades: NS-12 | 700 students
9101 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.