Grades: 6-12 | 12 students
The mission of Belle Meade School is to combine academic excellence and sustainable living.
Our college preparatory curriculum is implemented through experiential learning and incorporates sustainable living, social responsibility, as well as working to create harmony with the land. Young people develop self confidence and self direction through challenging intellectual and physical activities in an atmosphere where their work is valued and respected.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||12 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susan Hoffman|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Equestrian Club, Running Club Running Club, Equestrian Club,
- The school provides an excellent academic program that integrates sustainable living, growing food, caring for one another, and working to create harmony and balance with the land. The school is a place where young people develop self worth and learn empowerment through challenging intellectual and physical activities and where their work is valued and respected. School Objectives:
- Provide excellent academic education for grades 6 through 12.
- Guide the students in a supportive, nurturing environment.
- Integrate academic excellence and sustainable living.
- Offer mentoring and shared responsibility by adults and students working together.
- Foster development of self worth through successful experiences in the natural world.
- Offer individualized learning to allow students to take charge of their own education.
- Provide an inclusive, supportive community.
- Provide diverse situations for students to build relationships with each other and adults.
- Promote cross-cultural experiences.
- Create an economically viable merger of farm and school.
- Prepare the students for success in life.
Profile last updated: 04/13/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SperryvilleGrades: NS-12 | 21 students
11576 Lee Highway / PO Box 247
Sperryville, VA 22740
LurayGrades: PK-12 | 109 students
Po Box 31
Luray, VA 22835
CastletonGrades: KG-12 | 27 students
691 Aaron Mountain Rd
Castleton, VA 22716
MadisonGrades: PK-5 | 34 students
Po Box 525
Madison, VA 22727
CulpeperGrades: PK-9 | 106 students
1211 E Grandview Ave
Culpeper, VA 22701
Rental Market Monitor
January 25, 2016
This is a very practical list of things you must do before you graduate. The items on this list will enhance your college applications.
January 08, 2016
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.
January 05, 2016
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.