Grades: 9-12 | 886 students
- Bishop George Ahr High School is a co-educational college preparatory school of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Metuchen, New Jersey.
- The School provides an atmosphere in which each individual's God-given abilities are nurtured and developed.
- Every student is encouraged to strive for spiritual, academic, social, creative, and athletic excellence through the interaction of a caring community.
- With Christ as our model, the Bishop Ahr community fosters a uniquely Christian environment.
- Each individual can grow in self-esteem, in social and moral responsibility, and in those values needed to face the challenges of tomorrow's world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||886 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Scotch PlainsGrades: 9-12 | 802 students
1600 Martine Avenue
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
ElizabethGrades: 9-12 | 208 students
237 S Broad St
Elizabeth, NJ 07202
RoselleGrades: 9-12 | 354 students
350 Raritan Rd
Roselle, NJ 07203
ElizabethGrades: 5-12 | 158 students
227 Court St
Elizabeth, NJ 07206
NewarkGrades: PK-11 | 70 students
4 Fleming Ave
Newark, NJ 07105
A great school with dedicated teachers, rigorous classes, and a fun environment.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - hazzg
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.