Here are a couple of examples of the conservative, old-fashioned approach to applying for a job most private schools still use.
Director, Mathematics and Science for Minority Students or (MS)2
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, transcript and two letters of reference.
Candidates for all faculty positions should send a letter of interest, resume, list of three references, and academic transcripts
- Use a plain white paper. This does not have to be a fancy vellum or parchment type of paper.
- Center your letter perfectly on the page.
- The letter is typed using Microsoft Word or similar program.
- Use a plain font such as Arial.
- The font size should be 12 points.
- Print the final copy using a laser printer as laser jet ink smudges.
- Use the address indicated on the school's employment page.
- Create a customized cover letter for each position applied for.
- Put the cover letter and your documentation in a large envelope so that you do not have to fold the materials.
51 Grove Street
Peoria, IL 61602
Dr. Virginia Felton-Smith
Dean of Faculty
St. Monica's School For Girls
1 Academy Lane
Smithfield, NC 27305
I look forward to hearing from you.