- Adios, Barbie: Young Women Write About Body Image and Identity (Live Girls)
By Ophira Edut (Editor), Rebecca Walker ISBN: 1580050166 "In more than 20 candid and humorous essays, a diverse group of women explore how they have chosen to ignore, subvert, or redefine the standard of beauty. These women break down modern culture's feminine ideal and reinvent it for themselves."
- After Long Silence
By Helen Fremont. ISBN: 0385333706 "In her mid-30s Helen Fremont discovered that, although she had been raised in the Midwest as a Catholic, she was in fact the daughter of Polish Jews whose families had been exterminated in the Holocaust."
- The Age of American Unreason
By Susan Jacoby ISBN: 9780375423741 "A scathing, witty indictment of American modern-day culture examines the current disdain for logic and evidence fostered by the mass media, religious fundamentalism, poor public education, a lack of fair-minded intellectuals, and a lazy, credulous public, condemning our addiction to infotainment, from TV to the Web, and assessing its repercussions for the country as a whole."
- A Separate Peace
by John Knowles ISBN: 0743253973 "At a New England boarding school during World War II, a group
A Classical Christian education will emphasize traditional subjects such as rhetoric.It will also infuse every aspect of its teaching with evangelistic fire and purpose. Religion in a Classical Christian school is not an option any more than it is in a Muslim or Jewish or Roman Catholic school. All these schools can take valuable teaching time to accomplish their missionary objectives because they take no state funds. They basically can march to their own pedagalogical tune as long as their clientele is satisfied that the school is doing a good job.
What about prep schools? Religion for most prep schools is merely one more subject offering on the curriculum menu. That does not mean that religion and spiritual values are not taught.
- Ashley Hall, Charleston, SC: Alexandra Ripley, Barbara Bush, Madeleine L'Engle
- Baylor School, Chattanooga, TN: Arthur Golden
- The Brooks School, North Andover, MA: Steve Forbes
- Canisius High School, Buffalo, NY: Tim Russert
- Cardinal Hayes High School, New York, NY: George Carlin
- Choate-Rosemary Hall, Wallingford, CT: Glenn Close, Ivanka Trump, Jamie Lee Curtis, Jodie Foster, John Dos Passos, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Michael Douglas
- Cushing Academy, Ashburnham, MA: Bette Davis
- The Dwight School, New York, NY: Paris Hilton
- Emma Willard School, Troy, NY: Jane Fonda
- Episcopal High School, Alexandria, VA: John McCain
- Eton College, Berkshire, England: Prince Harry, Prince William
- Gulliver Preparatory, Miami, FL: Enrique Iglesias, George Prescott Bush
- Harding Academy, Nashville, TN: Reese Witherspoon
- Harvard-Westlake School, Los Angeles, CA: Tori Spelling
- The Hill School, Pottstown, PA: Oliver Stone
- The Hotchkiss School, Lakeville, CT: Archibald MacLeish
- Horace Mann School, New York, NY: Eliot Spitzer
- Kent Denver School, Englewood, CO: Madeline Albright
- Kent School, Kent, CT: Ted Danson
- Lakeside School, Seattle, WA: Bill Gates
- The Madeira School, Mclean, VA: Stockard Channing
- McCallie School, Chatanooga, TN: Ted Turner
- Mercersburg Academy, Mercersburg, PA: James Stewart
- Milton Academy, Milton, MA: Edward Kennedy
- Miss Porter's School, Farmington, CT: Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis
- Northfield Mt. Hermon School, Northfield, MA: Natalie