- Blue Hill Harbor School is a small independent high school approved by the state of Maine to accept public school students.
- Our individualized curriculum is based on the EdVisions education model featuring Personal Learning Plans.
- Our vision of the best possible secondary education is exemplified by that developed by the Minnesota New Country School, founded as a charter school in Henderson, Minnesota in 1994.
- This school has been named one of the best schools in the U.S., and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation funds the non-profit organization EdVisions, Inc. to replicate its success in other schools.
- There are currently over 40 schools using the EdVisions Model from coast-to-coast.
- Blue Hill Harbor School is the first in New England.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||14 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Private school approved for public funding from sending towns.|