Grades: K-8 | 89 students
Maximum class sizes of 12 students, allow for personal attention, and in depth discussion. The children are encouraged to ask questions and think critically.
The pure joy of learning through play in our natural setting is interwoven throughout the day. Childhood is preserved at Blue Rock School!
Teacher spending time reading one-on-one with student outside. Smaller class sizes allow for more personal attention.
Middle school continues to be a special time at Blue Rock. Students engage in long term, independent class projects.
Learning comes alive at Blue Rock! They Kindergarten classrooms observe and document the growth of chickens from hatchling to full grown chicken.
- At Blue Rock School, we believe that students learn best through direct experience, in a child-centered environment.
- We intentionally keep our classes small, giving the teachers the ability to work closely with our children using a hands-on approach.
- We offer a challenging academic curriculum, which is balanced and fully integrated with art, poetry, music and drama. Within our creative classrooms, our teachers also consider the social and physical dynamics of each child, as well as their relationship to the environment and world around them.
- Our goal is for our students become thoughtful, well-rounded, responsible human beings.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Alternative Community Schools
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||89 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,800|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for half day Kindergarten is $12,500 and tuition for full day students from K-8th grade is $20,800|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Beverly Stycos|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Horseback Riding Horseback Riding,
- Small Classes
- Thoughtful, Creative Curriculum
- Experiencial, Project-Based Learning
- Warm and Nurturing Atmosphere
- Picturesque campus with gardens, woods and playgrounds
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CongersGrades: PK-12 | 124 students
34 Kings Highway
Congers, NY 10920
NanuetGrades: PK-8 | 220 students
34 West Nyack Road
Nanuet, NY 10954
GarnervilleGrades: PK-8 | 300 students
29 Cinder Rd
Garnerville, NY 10923
Tuxedo ParkGrades: PK-9 | 225 students
Mountain Farm Rd
Tuxedo Park, NY 10987
Dobbs FerryGrades: 5-12 | 658 students
49 Clinton Avenue
Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522
My children attend Blue Rock School ranging from Kindergarten through Sixth Grade and I am more impressed each year with the focus and passion of the teachers and administrators. My kids are out doors for recess for an hour each day! They love going to school, they enjoy learning, and I feel that they are being educated in a way that acknowledges the effects of body and soul on the intellectual life of a child. If you are looking for an option that will support your child in every possible way you can imagine, Blue Rock School is your place.
- Posted by Parent - gitik
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.