Grades: 3-12 | 19 students
Boys Home School offers individualized instruction, with average class size limited to 5 students per teacher. Often, students are able to 'catch up' in their academic skills. For example, students using the Accelerated reading program, may gain up to 3 grade levels in one academic year.
Students are encouraged to learn new study skills and to be successful in school, even if they have not been successful in their previous school setting.
Students reside in cottages on campus and work with their houseparents to plan and maintain a healthy and pleasing setting.
- Ages: 9-18; Grades 3-12.
- A successful man has to start somewhere...and that somewhere is Boys Home School.
- Residential education program.
- Remedial focus for elementary and middle school - high school diploma goal for high school program.
- Mandatory and voluntary tutoring for all students.
- Summer program.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||19 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Residential Education. Fees based on a sliding scale considering family size and income. All students must first be evaluated for acceptance into Boys Home of Virginia program.|
- Boys Home School opened in 2001. Individualized instruction and small class size are maintained for optimal remedial work for grades 3-9. High school program is focused on computer-based instruction with class size averaging 3 students to 1 teacher. Mandatory and voluntary tutoring available tor all students by certified teachers and staff.
Profile last updated: 03/09/2015
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.