Grades: 2-12 | 29 students
- We at Branford Grove School hope to help you by assisting your family with the following services: obtaining and maintaining the cumulative files, record keeping assistance, communicating with school officials as needed, directing you to curriculum resources and homeschooling support groups, and offering, through our publications, encouragement and the knowledge we have gained through years of facilitating our own children's education.
- Our Director, Peggy Foltz, homeschooled her own children and has over twenty years of hands-on homeschooling experience, K - 12 and beyond.
- Her children were homeschooled using an interest-initiated learning technique.
- Like most parents who choose to homeschool she learned as she went along, as homeschooling is a work in progress.
- Eventually she found that a self-directed educational style fit her family's needs as it promotes a real love for learning and each child is free to learn about and thoroughly explore those subjects which most interest him/her.
- In addition, through this method, students become life-long learners--a necessary requirement as we move into the high-tech Twenty-first Century.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Total Students||29 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 69 students
2132 Hyperion Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90027
AltadenaGrades: K-12 | 75 students
536 East Mendocino Street
Altadena, CA 91001
Los AngelesGrades: NS-12 | 387 students
2911 N San Fernando Rd
Los Angeles, CA 90065
BurbankGrades: 4-12 | 98 students
755 N. Whitnall Hwy
Burbank, CA 91505
La Canada FlintridgeGrades: 7-12 | 507 students
4543 Crown Ave
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.