Grades: PK-K | 166 students
- The Brick Church School was founded by The Brick Presbyterian Church in 1940 to provide an early childhood education program for the children of members of the Church.
- It soon expanded to include children from the surrounding community.
- In 1985, a goal was established that 10% of the students receive financial assistance, a standard which the School has consistently exceeded.
- As an integral part of the life and mission of the Church, the School conducts a weekly chapel service where children are encouraged to live in relationship with each other and the world in light of God's love for them and all things.
- In an atmosphere of warmth and mutual respect, teachers strive to help each child to function as a member of a community, to understand their own and other's rights and needs, and to enjoy playing and working with peers.
- The school aspires to enhance the children's self-confidence through appreciation of their ventures in all areas and through a concerted effort to develop their independence so that they can exercise a growing control over themselves and their ability to influence their environment positively.
- A sense of order in the classroom makes this possible; children are taught what is expected of them and where to find the resources they need.
- The children's developmental needs and interests form the basis of the curriculum.
- Continual assessment of the children and curriculum leads to a flexible program in which each child is appropriately challenged.
- The school strives for the best balance between freedom of choice for the child and teacher direction so that children learn to make choices as well as to follow instructions.
- Children are guided to insure they experience all areas of the curriculum.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||166 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.