- Brooklyn Free School's mission is education for social justice.
- Always advocating for young people's voices to be heard, BFS engages students and staff in democratic decision making and problem solving.
- We honor student choice and facilitate student centered learning through play and exploration, constructivist teaching, collaborative course work and self-directed student initiatives.
- We support social and emotional development through conflict mediation, personal reflection, diversity awareness and community responsibility.
- BFS works in the service of students and their families, partners with progressive educators, and embraces our larger community.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,540|
|Tuition Notes||19570 for upper school/high school|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Noleca Radway|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 148 students
8515 Ridge Boulevard
Brooklyn, NY 11209
BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 249 students
185 Court Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 818 students
181 Lincoln Place
Brooklyn, NY 11217
BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 1368 students
2937 86th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11223
BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 293 students
3867 Shore Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11235