Grades: PK-8 | 374 students
- Founded in 1956 and located on the Beverly/Manchester line, Brookwood is a co-ed day school for Pre-Kindergarten through grade 8. Brookwood is a warm, child-centered community of exuberant learners with an extraordinary commitment to both the development of the mind and the development of the self.
- Through a purposeful balance of challenge, encouragement, and opportunity for appropriate risk-taking, the School fosters lifelong habits of inquiry, critical thinking, creativity, and scholarship, just as it instills a healthy sense of self, a flexible mindset, and a deep respect for the dignity of others.
- Ultimately, Brookwood strives to graduate academically accomplished individuals of conscience, character, compassion, and cultural competence.
- Brookwood's 400 students come from more than 37 communities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||374 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition 2016-2017: Pre-Kindergarten $19,675. PreK Extended Day- $ 4,290 for 5 days (12:30-3:00). Kindergarten-Grade 3 -$27,255. Grades 4-5- $29,000. Grades 6-8- $33,905.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Lindsay Murphy|
|Admissions Associate||Kate Fuge|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, SoccerBasketball, Field Hockey,
- Spanish, French and Mandarin introduction beginning in Grade 1
- Early Childhood After- School Program for Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten students
- Enriching after-school classes in languages, music, visual and performing arts, dance, and karate
- Care available for all ages before school starting at 7:15am and after school Monday-Friday
- Interscholastic sports (grades 7 & 8)
- Community service and character education
- School Meeting, a weekly gathering of the entire student and faculty body
- Academic support center
- Teacher Training Program offered in coordination with Lesley University
- Summer camp program for ages 4 -16
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BeverlyGrades: PK-9 | 434 students
545 Cabot Street
Beverly, MA 01915
BeverlyGrades: K-8 | 219 students
74 Hart St
Beverly, MA 01915
RowleyGrades: K-12 | 180 students
14 Forest Ridge Drive
Rowley, MA 01969
AmesburyGrades: PK-12 | 152 students
4 Noel St.
Amesbury, MA 01913
AndoverGrades: PK-9 | 438 students
34 Sunset Rock Road
Andover, MA 01810
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.