Grades: PK-5 | 62 students
- Building Blocks Montessori School began in 1972 as a nursery school which soon expanded to the elementary level.
- Building Blocks Montessori provides a stimulating environment that builds on the foundation set in Lower School but with more emphasis on academics.
- Textbooks are used along with advanced Montessori and other materials.
- The children continue to advance at their own rate, with individualized goals and curriculum tailored to meet different learning styles and needs.
- It is a non-competitive and supportive environment.
- Small group meetings in all subjects are an integral part of Upper School for instruction and discussions.
- The subject areas in Upper School are art, music, computer, gym & movement, yoga and Spanish.
- Upper School children participate in N.Y.S. testing and take a yearly Stanford Achievement Test to aid in curriculum planning and evaluation.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||62 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Staten IslandGrades: K-9 | 292 students
1305 Hylan Blvd
Staten Island, NY 10305
Staten IslandGrades: K-9 | 161 students
309 Saint Pauls Ave
Staten Island, NY 10304
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.