Grades: PK-5 | 62 students
- Building Blocks Montessori School began in 1972 as a nursery school which soon expanded to the elementary level.
- Building Blocks Montessori provides a stimulating environment that builds on the foundation set in Lower School but with more emphasis on academics.
- Textbooks are used along with advanced Montessori and other materials.
- The children continue to advance at their own rate, with individualized goals and curriculum tailored to meet different learning styles and needs.
- It is a non-competitive and supportive environment.
- Small group meetings in all subjects are an integral part of Upper School for instruction and discussions.
- The subject areas in Upper School are art, music, computer, gym & movement, yoga and Spanish.
- Upper School children participate in N.Y.S. testing and take a yearly Stanford Achievement Test to aid in curriculum planning and evaluation.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||62 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Staten IslandGrades: K-9 | 292 students
1305 Hylan Blvd
Staten Island, NY 10305
Staten IslandGrades: K-9 | 161 students
309 Saint Pauls Ave
Staten Island, NY 10304
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.