Grades: PK-12 | 332 students
Cair Paravel Latin School (CPLS) is a non-denominational classical Christian college preparatory school serving students from preschool to 12th grades.Our Classical method of teaching is unique, but it is no experiment.
Some of the greatest leaders and thinkers of Western civilization, from Aristotle to Thomas Jefferson, have been educated this way.
A guiding principle for our dedicated faculty is that every child of God is capable of extraordinary achievements through classical training and cultivation of character.
We believe that all education should be education that naturally leads students toward the good, the true, and the beautiful.At CPLS, each and every student is challenged and inspired by the curriculum while being given the “toolkit” with which to further their learning and a inspire a passion for knowledge.
Education is brought together in a convergence with Christ for a rigorous educational experience.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||332 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 20%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Melody Congdon|
|Admissions Associate||Christine Myers|
- As a school that desires to prepare students to enter into the "Great Conversation" of life, it would be good to define our terms for prospective parents.
- Christian - a believer in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ who strives to live in obedience to the Lord
- Classical - that which is classical has stood the test of time. CPLS is classical in its materials and methodoly. Materials used and concepts taught are those that have survived for generations and have been proven to be true, good and beautiful. Methods used conform to the "trivium" which addresses grammar, logic and rhetoric in conjunction with the learning levels of a child's development.
- Liberal Arts - a liberal arts education addresses the whole person with a view to creating a "generalist" who can speak intelligently to a broad spectrum of subjects and issues.
Profile last updated: 05/14/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
TopekaGrades: K-9 | 250 students
934 Sw Clay St
Topeka, KS 66606
TopekaGrades: PK-8 | 152 students
701 Sw Roosevelt St
Topeka, KS 66606
TopekaGrades: PK-8 | 142 students
210 Ne Branner Street
Topeka, KS 66616
TopekaGrades: 9-12 | 483 students
401 Sw Gage Blvd
Topeka, KS 66606
TopekaGrades: PK-12 | 175 students
2000 NW Clay St
Topeka, KS 66608
Rental Market Monitor
January 25, 2016
This is a very practical list of things you must do before you graduate. The items on this list will enhance your college applications.
January 08, 2016
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.
January 05, 2016
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.