Grades: PK-8 | 146 students
- Calvary provides PreK through 8th grades.
- Our students leave Calvary after 8th grade and get accepted in schools like Shaw, Academy of Our Lady, Dominican, & Thomas Jefferson High, just to name a few.
- Calvary utilizes the A Beka, Harcourt Math, & ACSI curricula and all new students must pass a comprehensive entrance exam.
- Christian education extends beyond the development of skills and the acquisition of knowledge.
- Developing a love for Jesus Christ and a value system based upon God's word are integral parts of our curriculum.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||146 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,900|
|Tuition Notes||Includes hot lunch program and all fees|
|Admissions Director||Marsha Price|
|Admissions Associate||Heidi Bolden|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Cheering, Flag FootballCheering, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Junior Beta Club Junior Beta Club,
- Calvary provides PreK through 8th grades. Our students leave Calvary after 8th grade and get accepted in schools like Shaw, Academy of Our Lady, Dominica & Thomas Jefferson High, just to name a few. Calvary Baptist School believes Christian education extends beyond the development of skills and the acquisition of knowledge. Developing a love for Jesus Christ and a value system based upon God's word are integral parts of our curriculum.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GretnaGrades: PK-7 | 296 students
900 Franklin Avenue
Gretna, LA 70053
SlidellGrades: PK-8 | 339 students
1615 Old Spanish Trail
Slidell, LA 70458
New OrleansGrades: PK-7 | 155 students
820 Dauphine Street
New Orleans, LA 70116
MarreroGrades: PK-8 | 240 students
6700 B Westbank Expy
Marrero, LA 70072
New OrleansGrades: K-8 | 175 students
2624 Burgundy St
New Orleans, LA 70117
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.