- Our mission is to enable students with average to above average intelligence, who also experience learning difficulties in the areas of reading, organization, language processing, and written expression, to reach their maximum academic potential.
- Additionally, we will strive to provide information to our families and the community so all may better understand and relate to children and adults with language-based learning disabilities or dyslexia.
- Camperdown Academy is committed to providing a progressive education for bright dyslexic children in an academic environment where students can maximize their individual ability to achieve.
- Camperdown is committed to giving each student the tools needed to succeed in life -- tenacity, wisdom, confidence, insight into individual character, a knowledge that we often learn less from success than from failure.
- Students are taught a process of thoughtful deliberation and intellectual experimentation that will allow them to achieve their highest potential.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association
Orton Gillingham Academy of Practioners and Educators
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Written Expression|
|Total Students||91 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(solid colored pants and solid colored polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,750|
|Tuition Notes||$19,750 for grades 3-8 $16,250 for grades 1-2|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
|Admissions Director||Terri-anne Jones|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, TennisBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Late Stay options Late Stay options,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GreenvilleGrades: PK-3 | 88 students
305 Pelham Rd
Greenville, SC 29615
GreenvilleGrades: K-12 | 101 students
630 Farrs Bridge Road
Greenville, SC 29611