Grades: K-12 | 116 students
- Camphill Special School is a Waldorf school, as well as a Pennsylvania Approved Private School, for children with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- We are part of the worldwide Camphill movement and the only Camphill community in North America for children.
- We offer residential and day academic and prevocational programs, as well as therapeutic care, for children in kindergarten through grade twelve.
- We also offer a Transition Program for young people ages eighteen to twenty-one. Camphill Special School's mission is to create wholeness for children and youth with developmental disabilities through education, extended family living, and therapy so that they may be better understood, they may more fully unfold their potential, and they may meaningfully participate in life.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities|
|Total Students||116 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||There are residential and day rates. Some financial aid is available for private pay.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Bernard Wolf|
|Admissions Associate||Tobias Adams|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Bell Choir, Choir, Hiking Club, Student Council Bell Choir, Choir, Hiking Club, Student Council,
- Camphill Special School is a nonprofit Pennsylvania Approved Private School and Waldorf school that offers day and residential programs for children and youth with intellectual and developmental disabilities that may include, but are not restricted to, Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities (I/DD), Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Pervasive Developmental Disorders (PDD), Down Syndrome, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS), Fragile X Syndrome, Williams Syndrome, and other syndromes associated with intellectual disability. Camphill Special School is part of the worldwide Camphill Movement and the only Camphill community in North America for children, as well as the only Waldorf school in the country for children with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
JeffersonvilleGrades: K-12 | 150 students
162 Egypt Road
Jeffersonville, PA 19403
MalvernGrades: 1-12 | 52 students
655 Sugartown Road
Malvern, PA 19355
MediaGrades: NS-12 | 305 students
111 Elwyn Road
Media, PA 19063
PaoliGrades: 3-12 | 167 students
19 E Central Ave
Paoli, PA 19301
MalvernGrades: PK-12 | 270 students
1777 N. Valley Road
Malvern, PA 19355
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.