Grades: K-8 | 33 students
- At Canyon View Academy we provide a very safe and aesthetic environment so that students can put all of the attention they want into the fun and rewards of learning.
- We are located on a 19 acre campus in the Sunland/Tujunga foothills, surrounded by oak and eucalyptus trees.
- We have playgrounds, rope swings, a track, a basketball court and lots more! Our small class sizes ensure the students get lots of personal attention from the teachers.
- We are an Applied Scholastic school, we use Study Technology developed by L. Ron Hubbard.
- Using this technology brings about an understanding that results in the ability to apply what one learns at school, in one's work and in life.
- Canyon View Kids An ability to read well opens the door to any subject they wish to tackle, so we focus on literacy.
- We introduce them to many areas and topics while increasing their ability to read more and more advanced materials.
- Our curriculum includes all the basics covering reading, writing, math, grammar, science, history, geography and art.
- Our low student to teacher ratio guarantees they get one on one, as needed and that no one gets lost in a sea of children.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SunlandGrades: K-7 | 76 students
10614 Oro Vista Ave
Sunland, CA 91040
TujungaGrades: PK-8 | 176 students
7324 Apperson Street
Tujunga, CA 91042
TujungaGrades: 4-12 | 18 students
7754 Mcgroarty Street
Tujunga, CA 91042
GlendaleGrades: 1-8 | 568 students
4444 Lowell Ave
Glendale, CA 91214
La CrescentaGrades: NS-K | 85 students
3950 Foothill Blvd
La Crescenta, CA 91214
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.