Grades: PK-8 | 430 students
- Carden Hall is a traditional day school for students in grades pre-k (from age four and a half) through eight.
- Our students enjoy coming to school because our learning is purposeful, challenging, and fun.
- Two of the school's greatest strengths that have led to our enduring success are the sequential, comprehensive Carden curriculum and our emphasis on character development.
- Students are held accountable for their school work and their behavioral choices, which fosters the development of self-discipline and self-esteem.
- At Carden Hall we believe that each child has the ability and the desire to learn.
- Mae Carden's sequential curriculum and practical teaching techniques, our carefully trained staff, and our small class size allow for individualized attention as learning progresses.
- We view every child as capable of succeeding, and we work tirelessly to ensure that they do.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||430 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,000|
|Admissions Director||Sarah Peterson|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Football,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Costa MesaGrades: PK-12 | 376 students
2350 Canyon Drive
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
OrangeGrades: NS-8 | 224 students
19111 Villa Park Road
Orange, CA 92869
Huntington BeachGrades: PK-8 | 564 students
19692 Lexington Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
Costa MesaGrades: NS-8 | 189 students
657 Victoria Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Santa AnaGrades: PK-8 | 313 students
12421 Newport Avenue
Santa Ana, CA 92705
I posted this review on Yelp as well and putting it here as well because I hope to share some of our experience with those who are considering Carden Hall as a possible choice for providing the educational foundation for their children. We have 2 boys who have attended here for the past 6 years. Prior to CH, they were in Montessori & we tried 1 yr in public school. Considering private school was never on our family's radar until we experienced what public school has become. CH provides our kids with a safe, morally grounded & wonderful environment where they have absolutely excelled. We write 1 tuition check & there is no fundraising or hidden costs like so many of the other schools. Our family has more time together in part b/c the kids don't have homework until after 4th grade & we get about 3 weeks more vacation time every year. Academically CH is very strong, principled, and purposeful in their approach. Our kids are happy & better people when we pick them up after school - we don't know what more we could ever hope for. I''ve heard SO many positives about CH students in the community. CH students leave prepared for high school, college and to be successful adults. There is SO much more to CH than first meets the eye as it is truly understated and a beautiful diamond in the rough. There is a rich history in the 50+ yrs of CH. It's not the "flashy" Newport, it's "Classy" timeless Newport Beach that is simple, clean, pure and rich in character and tradition. CH has made us a better parents and a better family. I encourage everyone to check out the other schools, as we did, b/c CH isn't necessarily the right fit for everyone. CH may not dazzle you with school galas or fabulous parent parties....but when your kids get in the car after school with smiles and singing you will start to understand. French is taught at every grade level Teachers KNOW your child in remarkable detail Music, art and sports programs are great (CH does not have a gym, but that does not prevent them from being extremely competitive in area sports) The CH athletes pride themselves on great sportsmanship on and off the field.
- Posted by Parent - byers
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.