Grades: UG | 118 students
- Since 1947, Cardinal Cushing Centers has been a place where children and adults with disabilities have found possibilities, opportunities, and hope: the possibility to achieve greater levels of success in all areas of life; the opportunity to learn in nurturing, innovative and individualized programs; and, the hope that each tomorrow will bring personal fulfillment, new experiences, and shared happiness.
- Cardinal Cushing Centers serves a diverse population of students and adults.
- Almost all of our students and adults have some developmental or intellectual delays covering the full spectrum of functioning levels.
- Many of our students also have secondary conditions including behavioral, emotional, and mental health concerns. Located on two beautiful and bustling New England campuses, spread over more than 200 tree lined acres and neighboring communities, Cardinal Cushing Centers offers individuals something truly unique.
- Students are offered a continuum of learning experiences including educational, prevocational, vocational, day and residential programs adapted to meet the needs of each student.
- Both day and residential programs provide a full complement of supportive services including educational and vocational assessments, physical, speech, and occupational therapies, adaptive physical education, art and music therapies, and recreation.
- In additional to community employment opportunities, our on-site vocational programs include, The Sister's Inn, Bass Village Café, Consignment Shop, Bottle Redemption Center, Culinary Arts, and our newest boutique, The Cushing Trader.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||118 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Michelle Markowitz|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Climbing, Cross Country, Mountain Biking, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBallet, Basketball,
Climbing, Cross Country,
Mountain Biking, Nordic Skiing,
Swimming, Track and Field,
People that viewed Cardinal Cushing Centers also viewed these schools: Boston College Campus School, Wayside Academy, Dearborn Academy, May Center School for Autism and Developmental Disabilities and May Center School for Brain Injury and Related Disorders.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Chestnut HillGrades: 1-12 | 26 students
Campion Hall Rm. 197
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
FraminghamGrades: 7-12 | 28 students
1 Frederick Abbott Way
Framingham, MA 01701
ArlingtonGrades: 1-12 | 148 students
34 Winter St
Arlington, MA 02474
41 Pacella Park Drive
Randolph, MA 02368
BrocktonGrades: K-12 | 48 students
596 Summer St
Brockton, MA 02302
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.