- In 1995, the membership of Fellowship Bible Church had a dream to open a Christian school in Lancaster that would provide students world-class academics, a nurturing safe-haven in which to fourish, and a Biblical foundation on which to build solid lives, marriages, and home.
- On September 2, 1996, Carolina Christian Academy opened its doors to ages three through grade twelve.
- Today, that dream has become a reality.
- CCA ranks as the number two school in South Carolina on the SAT-10, a test taken annually by millions of students.
- CCA's five-year-old kindergargarten through twelfth grade outscored the nation by an average of 42 points, ranking CCA's students academically among the top eight percent in the nation.
- This was good enough to rank CCA as the second highest scoring school within the South Carolina Association of Christian Schools, the association that accredits CCA.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||195 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Average SAT score||1180|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Golf, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||All-School Choir, Boy Scouts, Level 1 Band, Level 2 Band, School Ensemble Boy Scouts, Level 1 Band, Level 2 Band, All-School Choir,
- CCA's classes for ages three through five build a solid foundation for the upper grades and life. Studies show that three, four, and five-year-olds who attend a five day a week, structured, academic program such as CCA's will make better grades throughout school, have fewer discipline problems, and a higher percentage will graduate from high school. CCA's AP courses allow high school students to earn college credit while in high school. More than ninety percent of the school's graduates attend college, many with full scholarships. CCA graduates attend various universities, including Bob Jones, Pensacola, Harvard, and Oxford. But academics are not all. CCA has award winning fine arts. CCA offers art, voice, piano, chorus, choir, drama, speech, and both beginner and advanced band. In statewide competition, CCA's art is recognized as among the best, often winning "Best of Show". CCA is also a fun place to be. CCA students play inter-scholastic girls and boys volleyball, basketball, and golf. In addition, there are three cheerleading squads: Pee-Wees, Junior Varsity, and Varsity. CCA's golf team has been undefeated for two years, winning the SCACS State 1-A championship both years. "Pam's Place" is one of the best equipped playgrounds in Lancaster County. It provides a safe and happy place for children to play. The huge fenced-in playground has a large selection of age-appropriate equipment for kindergarten to high school, including regulation size outdoor basketball and volleyball courts, and a spacious picnic shelter complete with tables, drinking fountains, and more. Situated on a spacious and beautifully landscaped fifteen-acre campus on the 521 By-pass, CCA's facilities are modern, finely appointed, super-clean, comfortable, and conducive to a bright, positive, and pleasant learning experience. The chandelier hanging brilliantly in the cathedral center of the main corridor, the fountain in the beautiful rose garden, and the live, luscious plants throughout the facilities all make CCA a delightful place to be. But it is not the facility that will make you want to stay. It is the people! You will love the servant's heart that you find at CCA. The two-fold mission of CCA is to equip students with the knowledge, skills, values, and ethics to excel in life, especially in the areas of college, family, church, society, and vocation; and to prepare an army of young Christian patriots who will exemplify, passionately advocate and intelligently defend the Bible worldview, thereby solving our nation's problems rather than adding to them.
Profile last updated: 08/11/2015
People that viewed Carolina Christian Academy also viewed these schools: South Pointe Christian School.