Grades: K-12 | 88 students
A beautiful chapel is used for morning assembly to congratulate students on the previous day's achievement. It is also used for Christian devotions on Wednesdays.
Teacher, Dr. Ralph Bender, tutors students one-on-one to assure mastery of the principles of Science. Subjects included are: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Physical Science, Earth Science, and Life Science.
- Carson Christian School, established in 1983, has been one of the most successful schools in the Southland.
- Because of the self-motivating aspect of the curriculum and the dedication of the staff, the students have made headlines, and have graduated from High School as much as 3 years early.
- It is a self-paced, individualized program, allowing for students to work at their own pace without being in competition with each other.
- From kindergarten through twelfth grade, our "no fail" system facilitates true mastery of the subject material, rather than social promotions.
- Emphasis is placed on Phonics in the primary levels, producing an excellent turnout of readers.
- Whether gifted, average or below average, each student is able to greatly benefit from the curriculum.
- Truly there is "no child left behind" in our individualized program.
- Our curriculum meets all of the CSU system's requirements and exceeds the State of California's requirements for graduation.
- Many of our students have been accepted by both state and private colleges and universities. Calif. State University at Dominguez Hills is the leader because of its close proximity to the community that we serve.
- We have also had students accepted at Cal. State Long Beach, Northridge, Santa Barbara, Fresno, and USC, as well as others.
- Carson Christian School does what no public/charter school can - teach Biblical principles.
- Our school is accredited, affordable, and bully-free!
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||88 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Navy pants or jeans and white polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,950|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition starts at $495.00 per month for Elementary grades. Please call for tuition rates for Middle School and High School.|
|Admissions Director||Marian Alexander|
|Admissions Associate||Candise Mitchell|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Dance,
Flag Football, Tennis,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Los AngelesGrades: NS-12 | 387 students
2911 N San Fernando Rd
Los Angeles, CA 90065
Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 50 students
631 E Adams Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90011
Palos Verdes PeninsulaGrades: K-12 | 835 students
26800 Academy Drive
Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA 90274
TorranceGrades: 4-12 | 90 students
2201 Amapola Court
Torrance, CA 90501
San PedroGrades: 9-12 | 523 students
2500 N. Taper Avenue
San Pedro, CA 90731
Carson Christian School was a blessing to my son who was struggling with Algebra. He was helped one-on-one and had a breakthrough. Math became one of his strongest subjects and he is now a college graduate with a degree in engineering, and is a professional registered civil engineer. I can't say enough good about Carson Christian. Their teachers care, and some of them even have doctor's degrees. It's a good investment.
- Posted by Parent - talex
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.