Grades: K-8 | 81 students
- Each child learns and grows in a different way.
- Our role as a school is to nurture individual academic and social growth.
- In all aspects of school life, Cascade Canyon School leads children to be creative, critical thinkers who are respectful of each other, and are adept at responding to new challenges.
- Our students are appreciative of diversity and active participants in our local and global communities.
- They carry with them the academic skills, self-awareness, and confidence to succeed in high school and beyond.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||81 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,070|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,700|
|Admissions Director||Jenn Emberly|
|Admissions Associate||Amy Saavedra|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||AfterSchool Care, Afterschool Music, STEAM/Robotics, Studio4Art STEAM/Robotics, Studio4Art, AfterSchool Care,
- Cascade Canyon School provides a nurturing environment where students arevalued, respected and challenged. We combine rigorous academics, visual and performing arts and multi-disciplinary projects in a curriculum that inspires students to take academic risks and support one another. Connected Community: Crossage interaction and close studentteacher relationships strengthen our community and promote caring, kindness and empathy in our students. Hands-On Learning: Outdoor education trips, art, music, theater and STEAM programs complement our core academics and keep students active and engaged. Success Beyond Cascade Canyon School: Our graduates are confident, articulate, and self-aware; they are academically and socially equipped to thrive in high school and beyond.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Corte MaderaGrades: K-8 | 590 students
5221 Paradise Drive
Corte Madera, CA 94925
Mill ValleyGrades: PK-8 | 305 students
305 Montford Ave
Mill Valley, CA 94941
LarkspurGrades: NS-8 | 357 students
20 Magnolia Avenue
Larkspur, CA 94939
Mill ValleyGrades: K-8 | 242 students
100 Harvard Ave
Mill Valley, CA 94941
Our child attended Cascade Canyon School for many years. What a special place - excels in curriculum and advanced in its'' unique social emotional care of kids. No bullies allowed here. Teachers are caring and astute. Focus on arts, music, math and science. Not a sports focused school. Mindfulness teacher offers daily perspective to each class through grant obtained by school. Campus lacks, but the tuition reflects this. Parent body somewhat introverted and newly instigated social events will take time to become part of culture. Play date possibilities minimal due to class size. A child graduates from this K-8 as his or her own unique person -confident, integrated, skilled and ready to take on high school from a solid foundation. We''ve seen many kids graduate and excel with grades, comprehension as well as be comfortable in their own skin in peer groups within high school. Improvements needed with parent moral and parent involvement, as well as facilities. But your child will excel!
- Posted by Parent - Photo
I have two boys attending Cascade Canyon School. One is heavy into engineering, math and science and loves the ways these subjects are taught and also infused into the arts and programs. The other is a social and athletic guy who thrives in the natural environment of the school, climbing, building and playing soccer with the other kids K-8, learning upwards and outwards. Accountability is built into the curriculum and every student, every year is guaranteed excellent teachers to help them reach their full potential. I know my boys will be well prepared for the future academically , creatively (they love to invent), physically, socially and emotionally.
- Posted by Parent - lolo3
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.