Grades: 6-12 | 37 students
- Cedarhurst School is a private therapeutic junior and senior high school, serving grades 6-12, operated by Yale University.
- It offers a structured and supportive learning environment for students identified as SED and OHI. Cedarhurst offers both mainstream programs and self-contained programs for students requiring more intensive, ongoing academic instruction and behavioral interventions.
- Academic course schedules are tailored to meet the credit requirements of the referring school.
- Students learn in an atmosphere that fosters attention, concentration, and the organizational skills necessary for academic success.
- Providing small classes with a maximum of eight students allows students who have failed to adapt to other settings to thrive academically, emotionally and socially in our nurturing environment.
- A clinician is assigned to each student providing therapeutic interventions and individual meetings as needed.
- The staff consists of a director, certified special education teachers, a nurse, licensed clinical social workers and other trained support staff.
- The referral process includes an interview and shadow visit(s) to determine appropriateness for either program.
- The mission of the Cedarhurst School is to provide a safe and supportive learning environment in which adolescents can achieve success.
- The goal of the mission is to integrate education and therapeutic interventions to assist in the emotional and social growth necessary to transition back to the home school district, graduate from high school, attend college or obtain gainful employment and become productive, caring members of the community.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||37 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HamdenGrades: NS-12 | 580 students
1108 Whitney Ave
Hamden, CT 06517
265 Benham St
Hamden, CT 06514
MilfordGrades: 2-12 | 14 students
597 Naugatuck Avenue
Milford, CT 06461
BethlehemGrades: 3-12 | 33 students
21 Arch Bridge Rd
Bethlehem, CT 06751
New BritainGrades: K-12 | 129 students
300 John Downey Drive
New Britain, CT 06051
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.