Grades: 4-12 | 94 students
- The mission of Center Academy is to provide students with a learning environment that facilitates the development of self-confidence, motivation, and academic skills, and gives students the opportunity to achieve success in life.
- It is often difficult for a child to maintain self-esteem when his/her learning requirements differ from other students in school.
- Therefore, we offer a highly structured educational program in an atmosphere that is familiar, understanding, nurturing, and supportive.
- Center Academy helps students with average to above average intelligence who "fall through the cracks" in school, or who need special help with organization, motivation, and/or social skills.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||LD, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Learning Differences, Motivation|
|Total Students||94 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,660|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies, with need-based and McKay Scholarships available|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RiverviewGrades: PK-12 | 206 students
5416 Providence Road
Riverview, FL 33578
BrandonGrades: NS-8 | 271 students
801 Limona Road
Brandon, FL 33510
1300 N Valrico Rd
Valrico, FL 33594
RiverviewGrades: PK-12 | 74 students
10102 Old Big Bend Road
Riverview, FL 33578
TampaGrades: PK-12 | 249 students
3909 S Macdill Ave
Tampa, FL 33611
This is an excellent school.My son attended the school for 4 years.His learning and self esteem soared.The staff is very supportive and caring.The principal Mr.Stone is very supportive and caring towards all of the students.The students are not just part of the school they are the school!!!
- Posted by Parent - trean
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.