Grades: K-8 | 72 students
- The Center for Teaching and Learning is a K-8 demonstration school dedicated to the development and dissemination of authentic, rigorous and joyful methods for teaching across the curriculum.
- We seek to teach and influence both a cross-section of children of mid-coastal Maine and, through an intern program, seminars, speeches and publications, classroom teachers throughout the U.S. The Center for Teaching and Learning was founded in 1990 as a non-profit demonstration school.
- CTL is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, licensed by the Maine Department of Education, and has state and federal tax-exempt status as a 501(c)(3) corporation.
- It draws students from twenty-three communities in the mid-coast region.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 10%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NobleboroGrades: PK-8 | 103 students
93 Center St
Nobleboro, ME 04555
WiscassetGrades: KG-11 | 31 students
143 Beechnut Hill Rd
Wiscasset, ME 04578
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.