Grades: K-8 | 72 students
- The Center for Teaching and Learning is a K-8 demonstration school dedicated to the development and dissemination of authentic, rigorous and joyful methods for teaching across the curriculum.
- We seek to teach and influence both a cross-section of children of mid-coastal Maine and, through an intern program, seminars, speeches and publications, classroom teachers throughout the U.S. The Center for Teaching and Learning was founded in 1990 as a non-profit demonstration school.
- CTL is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, licensed by the Maine Department of Education, and has state and federal tax-exempt status as a 501(c)(3) corporation.
- It draws students from twenty-three communities in the mid-coast region.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 10%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NobleboroGrades: PK-8 | 103 students
93 Center St
Nobleboro, ME 04555
WiscassetGrades: KG-11 | 31 students
143 Beechnut Hill Rd
Wiscasset, ME 04578
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.